The company has sent a lay-off notice to all 1419 employees over an email and the copy of the same was served to the secretary and president of the the General Motors Employees Union on Friday. The employees Union is likely to challenge this move legally, sources in the know said.
General Motors India Private Limited Description
General Motors India Private Limited is a partnership between General Motors and SAIC. The two companies are involved in the automobile business in India. General Motors have a 93% stake in the partnership and SAIC holds the remaining 7%. They are considered to be the fifth largest automobile manufacturing company in India after major market players like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, TATA Motors and Mahindra. They began their business in India in the year 1928, where they assembled cars, trucks and buses, but they stopped their assembly operations in 1954. In 1994, they were formed as a joint venture owned by Hindustan Motors and General Motors equally. They produced and sell Open branded vehicles. They moved their headquarters to Gurgaon in 2000. The company operates vehicle manufacturing plants in Halol, Gujarat and Maharashtra. They have their headquarters at Halol and Gurgaon with a large technical center in Bangalore. Their main purpose is to earn customers for life. They have a commitment to treat every customer with respect. What makes them outstanding is that they appreciate their customers and providing brilliant after sales services. With the finest workforce in the automotive industry, they are a brilliant and dedicated team of over 2, 25,000 employees in 6 different continents with 23 time zones and 70 different languages. The company provides a complete range of vehicles that fulfill the need and expectations of the drivers on wide global scale. There are eight different automotive brands that are involved. Chevrolet is an innovative range of affordable and fuel efficient cars, trucks and SUVs. They deliver world class refinement in evert form of aspect like designing, performance and technology. Buick is a modern luxurious sedan and crossovers having sculpted designs, fuel efficiency and spirited performance. GMC is a purpose built vehicle aiming a higher standard through excellence and innovation. They have been considered as the professional grade. Cadillac is the bold, daring and original Cadillac lineup that smoothly blends driving dynamics, refinement and technology to satisfy luxury seekers. Holden designs, builds and sells vehicles for Australia and the world. Wuling provides affordable small and mini car products to cater the needs of both individual and commercial consumers in China and across the globe. Baojun is the youngest brand in China, which means "trustworthy companion" It gives the buyers access to reliable, attractive vehicles that meet high quality global standards. Lastly, Jiefang offers a huge range of high quality light duty trucks from entry level to mid-size to high end models.
General Motors India Private Limited Overview
CATEGORYCompany limited by Shares
General Motors India Private Limited in News
Directors of General Motors India Private Limited
Unlock General Motors India Private Limited to view more data
General Motors India Private Limited‘s balance sheet, profit & loss figures and Financial Ratios
Get plant information and details for General Motors India Private Limited
Know the direct, tier 1 and foreign suppliers for General Motors India Private Limited
Which business is the best revenue generator for General Motors India Private Limited
General Motors India Private Limited‘s subsidiaries, Joint Ventures, Associates & Signatories